Monday, June 13, 2011

Chemo Brain

Physically I feel the best I have felt in 2 years, thank you Heavenly Father, my prayers have been answered. Blake will be home in 3 short months and I want to look healthy for him.  My hip pain has subsided, it's really strange,  there's a spot on the bone they still  are not sure what it is,  once I started to exercise again the pain went away.   I also started back to US AIRWAYS about 6 weeks ago, seriously I had no idea how smart I used to be.... ha ha!  I  have chemo brain and forget things all the time, I forget my children's names even when they are looking right at me, I forget simple daily things that should come easy to remember,  now that I am back to work I realize how much knowledge I had, being re-trained has been difficult for me, I have to write everything down.  Just so you know chemo brain is an actual condition some patients get after going through extensive amounts of chemo... boy, that's good to know I was beginning to think I had the start of something new like Alzheimer's or dementia, those are awful diagnosis to have.  
It's fun to see people at work that I have not seen for a long time, some will look at me and say "Oh did you cut your hair?"  I just smile and say "why yes, yes I did"  I am only working 4 hour shifts a couple days a week, but I am thankful to be back to work and challenge my brain a little.  I feel like my life is finally getting back to a "Normal" I can live with.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Blake will love to see you healthy!

kittrean tanner said...

hey...wait a minute.... I have chemo brain....is it from kissing Sheldon?
:)