Monday, January 3, 2011

Dr. Paul Magtibay is a Good Man

Dr. Peter Kreymerman
Dr.Paul Magtibay
This morning just as I left my house and headed for the Mayo Clinic, my phone rang, to my surprise it was Dr. Paul Magtibay he was just calling me to talk a little about my surgery on Friday.   I was so happy to hear from him, as I explained some of my fears he listened with an intent heart, I knew he was listening with his ♥, I could feel it.  I feel like I am the most blessed person to have such great doctors, he is a good man, a really good man.
As I drove down the beeline the mountains were the most beautiful I have ever seen them, bright red and completely clear, off behind that red mountain was another mountain topped with white beautiful snow, what a contrast, we live in a beautiful place where the Lord has blessed us with earthly beauty, I thought about Trystan and wished she was with me to take a picture, she is a very talented photographer.
Today at Mayo there was a hustle and bustle, if you have never been to the Mayo Clinic on Shea Blvd. it is quite an experience. It's like a little city all of it's own, and all the people who "LIVE"  there have common interests, but yet are all in their own little world.  Does that make sense?  This is what I experienced as I waited, I see an older gentleman asleep his head bobbing-reminds me of someone trying to stay awake in church ha ha. Now my eyes and ears are tuned to this man who from his obvious accent is from New York or New Jersey, he is very loud and everyone in the waiting area (which is huge) now knows his entire medical history and every complaint is aired for all to hear, however, he is very polite and extremely entertaining.  I then see an elderly woman stroking her husbands head very lovingly, I found it interesting because she stroked his head as if she were running her fingers through his hair, only...... he was completely bald, she loves him I can tell they are in love by the way they look at each other.  There are a ton of people texting, one man with his headphones on totally rockin' out to the music, body movements and all, he is lovin' life right now, the best part is he is oblivious to the rest of us.  Then  over the loud speaker I hear "Reverend Larry Johnson" (I changed the name)  all of a sudden the New York funny man stands up throws his hands in the air and says"don't look at me, but God Bless Rev. Johnson" it was so funny  Just then this lady with an attitude walks by looks right at me and says "this is a freakin' 3 ring circus" I just smiled then thought to myself "I love this 3 ring circus."
After my appointments at the Mayo on Shea, I had to head over to the Mayo Specialty Building next to the hospital for the rest of my appointments.  I stopped by to see Dr. Kreymerman and Heather, I got to see PK but Heather was with a patient.  Yes, I still love him, I know that was what you were thinking.
I now have an hour and half before my next appointment, so I decided to go to the cafeteria and people watch.... funnest part of my day.  There is so much going on around me, where do I even start?  I was talking on the phone to my dear friend Trys, out of the corner of my eye I see Dr. Kreymerman walking by and talking on the phone with someone, probably his wifey, he didn't see me, but just beyond him I see a woman in a pink breast cancer sweatshirt I'm not sure why she caught my eye but this is what happened..... she stood up and decided to take off her pink sweatshirt, along with her sweatshirt off came her undershirt and she was standing in the middle of the cafeteria in her bra, seriously?  are you kidding me right now?  Normally I would of felt really, really bad for her and even would of tried to assist her,  but she had no care in the world, the doctor sitting at the table next to her tapped her as if to say "uh, you're half naked....in front of everyone" she looked at him and just shrugged her shoulders took her time to  put her undershirt on, no big deal.  Now that is a true Mayo Patient, she has probably been so exposed to doctors, nurses and students that she just said "to hell with it, who cares?" I know how that feels.  Except with me I just forget to put my bra back on after taking it off so many times.... ha ha
On Monday nights our family likes to get together for dinner, games, singing, and a spiritual or life lesson we call it FAMILY HOME EVENING.  Tonight for FHE I invited my friend Trystan to join us via. the phone.  Trys is in Rochester MN right now, and I wanted her to be a part of our family tonight as we sang "Families can be together Forever" then my son in law Brian gave a beautiful lesson about adversity he read from the scriptures "My daughter, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a  small moment; and then if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.  Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands"  There was not a dry eye in our little family room tonight, we sang "I am a Child of God" had a closing prayer and I talked to Trys, she was so happy to be a part of our FHE tonight, she reminded me that I am blessed to have my family all so close to me and be able to share such good memories together.
Tonight as I go to bed I am exhausted from a long day, I have a migraine starting, my legs, hips and cramps are horrific, but still I am at peace and grateful for my family and my friends who help to lighten my load on days when I need it, days like today.  I love you all so much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monya,
What a great day. Love your attitude and all the good you found in this day. There is so much good in our world. One of my favorite quotes is: "The only true disability is a bad attitude". Sometimes easier said than done but it IS the truth.
I love the sripture Brian shared for your FHE. Perfect for me to read and be reminded of this morning...
Miss and love you so much.
Jenster

Anonymous said...

Monya,

Oh my gosh!! That is so funny about the "imposter". I think I could be friends with him---Im hearing it with a New york or Jersey accent! That is funny!! Your fHE sounds awesome and I am so glad you have your children there and one home later this year! Thanks for sharing that with us all. When 'they' say 'the answers can be found in the scriptures' that is certainly true. Good luck friday! I will be thinking and praying for you! Sending much love your way!

Patti Beck

Loretta said...

Monya, this was a sweet, sweet blog and I'm so sure that you made Trystan's whole world better by letting her join in on that FHE, that was a beautiful thing you did there. What a blessing you are! Sounds like that Mayo in AZ is a bigger zoo than the one in MN! I'm praying for you as I always do and I know God is holding you in His very arms. Love you!