Thursday, November 11, 2010

Road Trip

This morning Eric and I woke up early, I mean really early .... 3:10 am got ready and drove to Eagar for my Aunt Naydines funeral. Eric always does all the driving, I seriously hate driving If I could of flown I would of. Eagar is 4 hours from our home and in the cool pines of Arizona. Eric woke me up at one point to show me all the huge Elk just leisurely walking on the side of the road, then he woke me up to show me the temperature outside was 14 degrees .... wholly cow it was cold.

We spent most of our day in the car, in fact we were in the car for more hours than we were at the funeral. On our road trip, I reminded Eric that today 24 years ago my brother Lance passed away, he was 15 years old. I remember that night like it happened yesterday. I blamed myself for a long time, why didn't I get him to the hospital , why didn't I know he was that sick? I have worked through those issues, I still miss him and wonder what type of man he would of been, who he would of married and how many children he would of had. Not too many days go by that I don't think of him, he was a funny kid and also could be quite annoying, but I loved him and look forward to seeing him again.
Also on our road trip we talked about how beautiful the Aspen trees were, and how nice it was to be cold and wear coats, boots and layer our clothes. Our long trip included discussions on life, death, recurrence, medical marijuana, and my new friend Trystan. I love spending time with Eric and thanked him for driving me to the funeral, I know it was not exactly what he wanted to do today.

Tonight I am so tired, we came home so quickly after the funeral this morning because I had tickets to see Mindy Gledhill tonight. I have been looking forward to this night for along time, Kayla and my sister Sonya went with me. We had a great time, Mindy was so cute and entertaining, listening to the story behind each song made me appreciate each song even more. I have her music on my blog, if you have never heard of her listen to a few of her songs they are great. I go to bed tonight not only exhausted but grateful for so many blessings in my life right now.

0 comments: