Monday, July 26, 2010

Would you do it Over?

Someone recently asked me this question--
"If you knew at age 20 exactly how your life would end up, would you change the coarse of it?" I said "no question about it, NO I would not change anything" She was a little surprised by my answer and told me that she would change a lot if she had the chance. OK so for me, and this is obviously not for everyone, I think all the trials and pain that I have seen in my life has made me who I am. It's hard to imagine any other life other than the one I've lived. I think I knew before I came to earth some of the trials I would have to endure, it's selfish to think we could all go through life without any problems, solving those problems and finding a solution is what makes us stronger, it's what builds character.
We often, me included, complain about our lives and some of the decisions we've made, however, they were OUR decisions and we have to unfortunately live with the consequences of our choices. I'm glad that we have agency to choose for ourselves the path that we will take, but those choices are not free they usually come with a consequence.
It's when agency is taken away and someone or something else makes a choice for your life that we really learn to develop strength, patience and endurance. This is when true character is tested, how the trial will effect your life is still your choice. You choose to learn and grow from it or let it fester and grow into an evil disease that is soon not easy to recognize and takes over your life. The VILLAIN is my great adversary, but I have learned that in this life our enemies can become our choicest friends; the secret is in learning what to do with the conflict

1 comments:

The Wrights said...

was it me? haha Sorry I am so nosey, and I am glad you taught me about your life this weekend and that you made mistakes and that you were glad you learned lessons from them all! I love you!