Monday, March 3, 2014

Church Dedicates Gilbert Arizona Mormon Temple




I loved watching the Temple being erected over the last few years.  Many times I have driven by it, or parked my car as close as I could to the grounds and said a prayer.  Now as all the members of the LDS church humbly celebrate with great joy in our hearts, we will continue to pray for our hearts to be softened and our souls to be moved by the spirit as we try our best to become more like the Savior.

The dedication of this beautiful building has been a long,  but deserving wait.  There is definitely something special in the air--I am personally so beyond happy and touched by the youth in this area who worked so hard over the past few months to sing, dance and show never ending faith as they danced in the pouring rain, Arizona needed the rain.

I have been in many Temples throughout the world, and I know I am being bias but in my opinion this is the most beautiful Temple I have ever been in.  There is always opposition when Temples are built, I remember in 2008 when this Temple was announced, our Stake President told us to be prepared for trials to come into our lives as Satan tries to lead us astray, he said now more than ever we need our testimonies to be strong, we need to stay close to the Lord and continue to obey the commandments as we experience these trials.  I have never forgotten that talk, a year and 3 months later I was diagnosed with cancer, I feel like I could of easily given up on God and walked away.  However, because of that talk I was able to cling to my Savior and rely on Him to understand what I was feeling--going through that journey was the best thing that has ever happened to my spiritual growth. I'm in a good place in my life now, I have never felt the peace in my life like I do now.  Here's to 2014 being a great year.

0 comments: