Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pain and Purple Tulips

Saturdday I watched conference and the talk that stood out to me the most was Kent Richards of the Senventy, he spoke about Pain.   I loved when he said "The Savior is not a silent observer, HE Himself knows personally and infinitely the pain that we face."  I know as I face this next week, those words will stay in my heart and mind.  I certainly feel peace and comfort, I know that whatever the Lord has in store for me, it is HIS plan and with HIS help I will follow Gods plan for me.
The last few days, the pain in my hip has escalated.  I finally called Dr. Northfelt's office Thursday and Maryann called in a prescription for the pain.  I'm sad when I think about going back on pain medicines, it feels like I'm going backwards instead of forward.  I refuse to take the pain medicine, unless it gets to  at least  a 7 on a scale from 1-10, and I won't take it during the day when I watch Recker.  The pain got so bad I could hardly walk, and even cried when I was at COSTCO getting some last minute things for dinner, yesterday.  Kayla begged me to take some medicine, but I just wanted to spend some time with my family tonight.  I realize I need to be smart and do as the doctors are telling me, at least until we have a diagnosis and can find out what the culprit to all this pain is, however, my family means the world to me and if I have to be in a little pain just to have some fun time with them, then dog-gone it I will.  I am hoping for another miracle, is it selfish to ask for one more?  I believe the miracle we received after my last surgery was such an incredible modern day blessing and we needed it, I still thank Heavenly Father for that miracle.
Yesterday I received a  bouquet of beautiful Purple Tulips,  I love all the spring colors and flowers they smell like Heaven, thank you to who ever you are that had those sent to me, it really made my day.  I also received a beautiful bouquet of florals the day before, someone dropped them off at my door, still I don't know who you are but thank you so much, those acts of kindness cheer up the sad and make me feel glad, glad I have people in my life who love my family so much and who don't care about getting recognized for it, you are true Angels on Errands, and I love You.


1 comments:

The Pocket Inn said...

That was one of my very favorite quotes from conference! I love the beautiful reality that Heavenly Father is a very active part of our lives and that He is with us every step of the way and that through Him we can have the courage and the faith to face anything that comes our way! You are an amazing example of faith! Love you!