Saturday, August 8, 2009

The "C" word

Yesterday I was diagnosed with breast cancer...the "C" word was not something I thought I would ever have to go through. I hestitate to post alot about it, but decided I need to get out what I am feeling and let you know what is happening in my little world.
I have been dealing with female issues for the past year, and was told recently that I need to go ahead and have a hysterectomy. I have been kinda bummed about it because the recovery is so long and yucky. The Dr told me he wanted me to go in and have a mammogram because it has been about 4 or 5 years since I had one. My last mammogram showed a lump, but it was not malignant, I had it removed and my Dr told me that I need to make sure to have mammos every 3-6 months because any lumps left un attended can turn into cancer. After a year of that my doctor passed away and I got out of the habit. When I went for this recent mammo it showed a large lump and several small ones on the right breast. My gyno doctor sent me to a surgeon and he sent me in for a biopsy last friday July 31st. The results came in this week I got the call that the doctor wanted to see Eric and I to give us the results in person. Even then I thought that he was just wanting to collect a co-pay to tell me all was clear and that they needed to take out the lump. (it kinda made me mad that I had to go in to hear this) However when I got to the doctors office that was not the news he gave me he said I was positive for ductal carsinoma. Over the next 45 minutes as he explained all my options I did not hear a word he said (good thing Eric was there for that part) all I could think about were my kids...Blake is leaving on his mission in 6 weeks, nothing is going to get in the way of him serving the Lord especially not this, Kaitlyn is very close to engagement, and my Kayla is having our first grandchild in December, Haleigh is so young she needs her mom to help her through her final year of HighSchool.

I thought to myself, this is not real, this cannot be happening to me right now...Oh really? when would be a better time? ha ha I often talk to myself...

The thing is, there is never a good time for trials to come in our lives. I will take each day live it to the fullest and do what I need to do to fight this. I am going to concentrate on all the positive things I have going on right now...my family is the greatest and I dont want them to worry.

I remember my stake President saying that whenever Temples are being built, the people in the area will have trials satan wants to do all he can to keep the family from being happy and will go to every length to break up families, but I actually think this trial will bring my family closer, so too bad satan you lose.

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

I love you Monya....you made me cry...but that is OK....I am proud of you, your courage and your family.....keep it going girlfriend!!

Colby and Samantha said...

Monya, you are so strong and courageous! I love you and have always looked up to you! You are an amazing mother and are always serving other people! Love you and I know you will get through this, you can get through anything.

Anonymous said...

Monya I am so sorry. I will be praying for you.

Jill said...

This trial will be a blessing. Stay strong and take care of yourself. We will pray for you!

The Nikolaus Family said...

Monya...I love you so much! The Nikolaus, and Gooch family are here for you every step of the way! You are an amazing, special woman and our little family will pray for you each and every day. :)
Give yourself a great big hug from Tally! hugs....

Kjohnson said...

I think the strength of your family has spoke for itself the past couple of years. I have no doubts that the this particular trial will end with the entire Williams family on top. You and your entire family are in our prayers!

Kristin Walledom (337) 912-5909 said...

Monya, you are so strong and have always been such a fighter for things you believe in or know to be true. I am so sad these past few days that you have to endure this trial. I guess when we think, "have we not had enough?" is when more comes our way. You have certainly had enough but it is not for us to decide. I admire your courage and your strength. I will be there for you every step of the way.... I love you so much.

Tawny Antelman said...

Im sorry to hear this news Monya! You will FIGHT through it all, I can already tell you that, your an awesome lady/mom to your kids! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, just remember how many awesome things you have to look forward to in the future, all the changes and new lifes coming into the world! :)


Ps.. i heard kaitlyn was close to engaged..how awesome is that :) Utah treated her right, i would imagine! ha

Kristi & Austin said...

Hang in there Monya! I just found out I have to get a hysterectomy soon also, and the recovery makes me want to cringe!!! so long and dreadful. You will get through this, you are strong!

Melody said...

Hi Monya,
Just wanted you to know that all kinds of random people (like me!) are thinking of and praying for you and your family! :)

Love,
Melody